General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is effective from on 25th May 2018 and guides us to ensure our responsibilities of protecting your personal data are met.
At We love our beach we believe if we don’t feel safe we won’t be happy. That’s why we do what we do. A beach is a happy place.
So to offer reassurance about your personal data we explain:
- Who we are
- What data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we will use your data
- How we will store your data
- How long we will store your data
- What your data protection rights are
- What cookies are
- What types of cookies we will use
- How you can manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other website
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
Who we are
Our registered company name is: We love our beach Ltd., trading as We love our beach
Our registered address is: 2 Crossways Business Centre, Bicester Road, Kingswood, Aylesbury, Bucks HP18 0RA
What data do we collect?
We love our beach collect the following data:
- Your first and last names
- Delivery address
- Billing address
- Your email address
- Your phone number (Home/Mobile)
- Credit card details via the secure payment gateway (not held by We love our beach Ltd.)
- Information you enter into data capture forms, checkout pages or surveys on our website.
- A record of any electronic correspondence between us, contact us forms, emails, product and experience reviews.
- Complete details of transactions both partially and completed through our checkout on the website
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers see IP addresses and cookies
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide We love our beach with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, customer reviews or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
We love our beach may also receive and use your data indirectly from the following sources:
- We also share data with the bank (using data you have provided for payment of products ordered but do not hold details - see credit cards below) and address details with delivery partners to ensure effective delivery of the products you have ordered
How will we use your data?
We love our beach collect your data so that we can:
- Process your order to complete the contract between us and manage your account
- Email you, if you opt in, with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
- Arrange payment and effective delivery for the products you have ordered
- Develop the We love our beach website to ensure as good a customer experience as possible by constantly analysing the site design and traffic data so we can improve website content and design.
We love our beach will share your data with financial and delivery companies so that they may help respectively collect payment and effectively deliver the products you have ordered.
- The bank
- Parcel Force
Also, if you agree, We love our beach would like to share your personal data (not financial) with partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services. We partner with two charities that we feel reflect our mission – happy, safe and clean beaches and the enjoyment of the great outdoors through a healthy mind and body. Our partners are 2 Minute Beach Clean (who are a Sustainability and Environmental Charity and registered as a Community Interest Company and Mind, a UK-wide Mental Health Charity).
- 2 Minute Beach Clean Org
When We love our beach process your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Data are only held and exchanged where necessary and all parties involved have demonstrated, and will be required to demonstrate continually, compliance with the GDPR.
How do we store your data?
We love our beach securely store your data at 33, St Johns Road, Lower Weston, Bath BA1 3BW on secure password-protected computers and servers.
How long do we store your data for?
We love our beach will keep your personal data for 5 years.
This enables us to rapidly and accurately search recent purchasing history. If your account is inactive after 5 years, we will delete your data at that stage. However, if you have placed further orders within the 5 years, we will extend your account data retention to cover 5 years from the latest purchase. We ask you to take steps to inform next of kin, to whom you have passed Power of Attorney, about We love our beach and the personal data you have provided to us. At their request , and upon satisfactory submission of written authority, we will remove all of your personal data held by We love our beach.
We love our beach would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
- 2 Minute Beach Clean
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop We love our beach from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the We love our beach Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here and advise us.
You can access your data and preferences at any time and change or delete them.
What are your data protection rights?
Under the GDPR, we will ensure that your personal data are processed lawfully, fairly and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following conditions apply:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as our credit card payment processing, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
We love our beach would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every customer is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request We love our beach for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service. It won’t be more than £25.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that We love our beach correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request We love our beach to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that We love our beach erase your personal data, under certain conditions. We reserve the right to complete payment and delivery of products you have ordered.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that We love our beach restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. We reserve the right to complete payment and delivery of products you have ordered.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to We love our beach’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. We reserve the right to complete payment and delivery of the products you have ordered.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that We love our beach transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by phone or on our email:
Call us at: 07946 730319
Or email us: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We love our beach use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We love our beach use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We love our beach sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on: 07946 730319
Or write to us at: We love our beach, 2 Crossways Business Centre, Bicester Road, Kingswood, Aylesbury, HP18 0RA.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that We love our beach have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office here.
Shopify GDPR Whitepaper from June 2nd 2020